As Tracy Jordan so eloquently put it, "Live every week like it's SharkWeek"
Well the 24th SharkWeek is upon us and in recognition of this special time of planktonian fear I bring you the top 7 SharkWeek Marketing Stunts ever created.
6. Worlds Largest Aerial Billboard - At over 13,000 square feet we created this gem to buzz the people of Los Angeles, giving them quite the scare. It was the largest aerial billboard ever at point of creation, that may no longer be true. (Disclosure: we did this)
5. SharkFin Media - For 2 weeks this 30 foot Shark Fin floated the waterways of New York and The Hamptons (also an Interference project).
4. Shark Runners - area/code created this gem for the 20th anniversary. It was a hybrid online-offline game where you maneuvered your virtual boat through dangerous waters trying to find sharks. The catch, the movement of the sharks was real as actual sharks were tagged with GPS.
3. SharkBite Media - Done in NY and LA, we found anything we could get on Ebay and Craigslist and took a shark bite out of it. The pieces were then stenciled and left around for people to see, photograph and steal. Many ended up back on the sites we bought them from, this time at a higher price.
This idea was then copied borrowed for another promotion for SharkWeek Australia (see below)
2. Discovery's Offices Have Been SharkWeek'd - This huge and pressworthy inflatable showed up a few years ago (and has made a return visit here and there since) generating some serious excitement around SilverSpring, MD and it made many headlines as well. Interference did not do this one, but I wish I had :)
1. The 80ft Underwater Billboard - As mentioned too many times, one of the campaigns I am most proud of in my career.